Join the Contest:
- Focus on the Family (M) Sdn Bhd (“the Organiser”) will launch a contest known as “You are a Thriving Parent” Contest (“Contest”) on 26th May 2021. Your access and participation in this Contest is conditional on your agreement to and acceptance of the following terms and conditions applying to your use (“Terms and Conditions”) without limitation or reservation. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering this Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, revise, amend, add to, subtract from or cancel the Contest or any of the terms in the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Kindly check the Terms and Conditions posted herein regularly for the latest updates.
Eligibility and Qualifying Criteria
- This Contest is open to all individuals who are residents of Malaysia (“Eligible Contestants”). All Eligible Contestants may be required to prove their eligibility by providing to the Organiser such satisfactory documentary proof as may be requested, failing which the Organiser shall be entitled to disqualify their participation from the Contest.
- If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor individual (below 18 years old) and the minor individual intends to use your Facebook account to enter the Contest, you must accept the terms of these Terms and Conditions on the minor’s behalf and provide consent on their eligibility. By entering the contest, the minor confirms that they have parental consent and may be required to prove their eligibility.
- The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
- Employees of the Organiser and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, children, parents and siblings); and/or
- Representatives and/or agents (including prize sponsors) of the Organiser involved in the Contest and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, children, parents and siblings).
- By entering the Contest, you hereby represent and warrant to the Organiser that:
- All information submitted to the Organiser is true, current, correct, accurate, and complete;
- You have met all the eligibility criteria and have the capacity, right, authority, and power to enter into the Contest in accordance to the Terms and Conditions and are able to provide such proof of eligibility as the Organiser may require; and
- You have consented to the use of your personal details for the purpose of administering this Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not meet the Terms and Conditions of the Contest, which includes but not limited to: –
- giving fake or personal information belonging to another;
- giving invalid, incorrect or incomplete information;
- giving inappropriate content; or
- parental consent for minors (below 18 years of age) is not obtained.
- The duration of the Contest shall be from 26th May 2021 to 28th June 2021 (“Contest Period”), both dates inclusive. Notwithstanding the aforesaid timeframe for the Contest Period, the Organiser reserves the right to extend the Contest Period at their sole and absolute discretion.
- To participate in the Contest, Eligible Contestants are required to: –
- visit Focus on the Family Malaysia’s official Facebook page;
- LIKE the Focus on the Family Malaysia official Facebook page,
- SHARE the Contest post; and
- Comment under the Contest post by: –
- tagging a parent you know; and
- complete the slogan “@name is a #ThrivingParent because he/she… [followed by completing the Acronym THRIVE…” (no longer than 50 words) during the Contest Period.
- Use our hashtags #ThrivingParent
- The requirements of the slogan shall be as follows:
- In 50 words or less, complete the slogan “@Name is a #ThrivingParent because he/she [followed by the Acronym THRIVE] …”;
- Must be relevant to the theme;
- Must be submitted in English;
- Must be creative and original;
- Must have a positive message; and
- Should not be in use by any other party or infringe an active trademark/service mark.
- Each chosen winner shall be awarded two (2) prizes only (prizes for you and your parent nominee) wherein the winner will be chosen based on the creativity and originality of their slogan. Eligible Contestants may send in as many entries as they wish but strictly limited to one parent nominee per entry. Both the contestant and parent nominee must have a public Facebook account.
- All entries must be submitted by 23:59 hours (GMT +0800) on the last day of the Contest. No late submissions will be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right to extend this date should the Contest Period be extended pursuant to “Contest Period” above.
- By submitting the entries, each Eligible Contestant thereby:
- Specifically authorizes the Organiser and/or any licensed third parties authorized by the Organiser to use such entry in whole or in part, throughout the universe, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, and alone or together or as part of otherwise unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any matter or other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature;
- Represents and warrants that all elements contained in the Contest entry:
- are original to the Eligible Contestant or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein;
- do not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the Eligible Contestant may be a party to;
- do not contain any libelous or tortuous content, or the publication, sale or dissemination of which will violate any federal or state legislation or regulation;
- are not obscene or in any other manner unlawful; and
- shall not require the Organiser to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of the Organiser’s use or exploitation of the same.
- Eligible Contestants must abide by the Internet application process and respect Internet protocols which, inter alia:
- Strictly prohibit any attempt or act to interfere, invade, or destroy any system or resource on the Internet;
- Strictly prohibit the act to transmit materials that are threatening, obscene, pornographic, or destructive of public order;
- Strictly prohibit the act of spreading computer virus through the network of the website; and
- Strictly prohibit any attempt to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and/or extraction tools. In the event that you use any software or tools above, you will be disqualified to participate in the Contest.
- Eligible Contestants must behave in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and must not be in violation of any applicable laws and regulations. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of Eligible Contestants’ qualification at any time during or after the Contest Period, and reserves the right to disqualify Eligible Contestants (including winners) from the Contest.
- Representatives of the Organiser will select the best slogan among all eligible entries as the winner. The Organiser’s decision shall be final and absolute and binding on the Eligible Contestants. No correspondence, discussion, enquiry, appeal or challenge in respect of any decision of the Organiser will be entertained.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Contest, the Organiser at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subjected to the same Terms and Conditions.
- The winners will be notified through Focus on the Family Malaysia’s official Facebook page within two (2) weeks after the closing date of this Contest and are required to acknowledge receipt of message within one (1) week from the date of notification (“Acknowledgement”). The Organiser reserves the right to deal with all unclaimed prizes in any manner it deems fit and the Organiser, its agents, sponsors and representatives shall have no liability to the winners for any unclaimed prizes in any respect whatsoever.
- Winners may be required to participate in public relation events tied to the Contest to generate press coverage of the Contest and the range of the Organiser’s activities, services and product offerings. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
- There will be a total of fifty (50) winners (one contestant and one parent nominee will be considered as one winner) and the winners will be announced on Focus on the Family Malaysia’s official Facebook page.
- Where the prizes are not payment of cash, the prizes given shall not be transferable nor exchangeable for cash and may be subject to availability. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice to the winners. The value of the prizes may vary and the Organiser accepts no responsibility for any subsequent variation in the prize value.
- Winners must produce a copy of the prize notification upon prize collection.
- The original colour and specifications of the prizes might not be exactly similar to the illustration shown in the contest flyers, posters or on social media platforms.
- In the event a cash prize is given, winners will be asked to provide their personal and bank account details to facilitate the payment of cash prizes upon the Organiser’s receipt of the winners’ Acknowledgement. Details must be received within one (1) week from the date of receipt of Acknowledgment, after which no prize claims will be entertained.
- By entering the Contest, Eligible Contestants agree to the use of: –
- Their name and/or likeness, without compensation, for the Organiser’s promotional and marketing purposes;
- Their information submitted on Facebook, without compensation, for the Organiser’s promotional and marketing purposes;
- Their slogans to the pictures, without compensation, for the Organiser’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- Their bank account details or mailing address by the Organiser for the payment of cash prizes, where applicable.
- The Eligible Contestants acknowledge that their participation in the Contest shall be solely at their own risk.
- The Organiser, its related companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents shall not be liable to any entrant and/or Eligible Contestant for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered by any such person(s) entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any safe custody, return, non-delivery, or missing of entries, late or misdirected communications, or for any incorrect or inaccurate information attributable to other internet users, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet telephone lines or at any website, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Contest, including uploading or downloading any materials for the Contest.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to technical failures, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- By entering the Contest or accepting the prizes, you agree to release and discharge the Organiser, its agencies, sponsors and representatives from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- The Organiser reserves their right to cancel, terminate, suspend or extend the Contest without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser shall not entitle the Eligible Contestants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- The Organiser, its related companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, sponsors and representatives shall not be liable to perform any of their obligations in respect of the Contest and these Terms and Conditions, rules and regulations in respect of the Contest where they are unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond their control and shall not be liable to compensate the Contestants in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
- The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any terms hereunder shall not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contest shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and all entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.