Main Office, Petaling Jaya
Focus on the Family Malaysia (FOFM) is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1997 dedicated to helping families thrive. We provide relevant, reliable and reproducible programmes, trusted resources, and family counselling services to strengthen relationships in the areas of marriage, parenting and youth. We continue to partner with individuals and like-minded organisations to advocate for families and reach out to the wider community. Our mission is to nurture, support, and protect time-honoured values and the institution of the family, and witness enriched families and communities nationwide.
We are looking for an individual with a passion to grow relationships with church leaders in support of the family ministry to join us as the Partnerships Manager – Church Relations. Reporting to the Executive Director, this person is responsible for identifying and engaging churches to contribute meaningfully towards the sustainability of the organisation’s mission to help families thrive.
1. Church Relations Management
- Maintain and deepen relationships with existing churches, tailoring the approach to continually create a unique and memorable experience that encourages long-term and/or higher value support.
- Increase church partner retention rate through an effective communication plan that is timely, concise, and impact-oriented.
- Identify and engage prospective church partners, nurturing the relationship to its full giving potential by simultaneously seeking to understand the churches’ needs as well as raising awareness of the organisation’s mission.
- Increase church partner acquisition and conversion rate by assessing and pursuing prospects with the right message, at the right time and through the right channel.
- Deliver deputation talks and Sunday sermons in the course of relationship-building.
2. Sustainability Strategies & Programmes
- Fine-tune existing and/or develop new church partner development strategies that are supported by research on prevailing trends within churches.
- Develop and organise annual and/or new fundraising campaigns, events, appeals, and activities that are well-defined in its objectives and target groups.
- Maintain a well-researched directory of prospective church partners, and develop tailored approach plans and proposals.
- Brainstorm, experiment, and develop innovative ways to communicate the organisation’s mission and impact “stories” to church partners and their congregation.
3. Research, Data Analysis, & Reporting
- Conduct regular prospect research to accurately profile and gain deeper insights into churches and their giving patterns.
- Review and refine church segmentation to enable effective data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Document the family life needs acquired during church engagements and work closely with the various Departments to ensure that they are properly addressed through the organisation’s programs, resources, and services.
- Create and disseminate scheduled financial, accountability, milestones, and impact reports that provide church partners with updates on income generation, disbursement, and scope of impact.
- Maintain an accurate CRM database of church profiles and engagements through timely updates and careful management.
- Manage a comprehensive end-to-end engagement process so that church partners consistently experience high-quality interactions.
- Maintain a comprehensive filling and retrieval system of correspondences with church partners so that engagements are consistently based on the latest information.
- 5-7 years’ working experience in a church-based environment and/or with church partners.
- Certificate in Theological Studies an added advantage.
- Open to traveling outstation as required to engage and strengthen church partner relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships.
- High proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
- Medium proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia and/or Chinese is desirable.
- Inclination to understand, anticipate, respond to and meet customer’s needs.
- Strong relationship building skills and commitment to building trust essential.
- Results-driven and able to work independently.
Do you have the passion and talent to engage church leaders and meet the ever-growing needs of families nationwide? If yes, join the family!
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org