Main Office, Petaling Jaya
Focus on the Family Malaysia (FOFM) is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1997 dedicated to helping families thrive. We provide relevant, reliable and reproducible programmes, trusted resources, and family counselling services to strengthen relationships in the areas of marriage, parenting and youth. We continue to partner with individuals and like-minded organisations to advocate for families and reach out to the wider community. Our mission is to nurture, support, and protect time-honoured values and the institution of the family, and witness enriched families and communities nationwide.
We are looking for an individual with passion for public speaking and engaging youth to join us as the Youth Executive. Reporting to the Youth Manager, this person is responsible to ensure the smooth running of strategic, relevant and impactful Youth programmes and initiatives, Training of Facilitators (TOF), and related projects.
1. On-Site Programme/ TOF Delivery
- Conduct programmes/TOF and coordinate other on-site deliverables, keeping to the programme schedule
- Make constructive observation notes of facilitators’ interaction with the programme materials and participants
- Make and communicate changes in response to unforeseen circumstances to all stakeholders, amply weighing impact on overall programme
- Provide quick yet prudent assistance to needs and/or ad hoc requests
2. Pre/Post-Programme/TOF: Planning & Follow Up
- Identify and engage, maintain relationships with and support facilitators and trainers for programmes/TOF
- Prepare and manage the disbursement of stipends to facilitators and/or trainers
- Assist the Youth Manager to review and analyse attendees’ feedback to enhance the relatability and applicability of the curriculum and its supporting activities and materials
- Share observational notes and engage facilitators in improvement discussions
- Assist the Youth Manager with the development and execution of strategies to extend reach and impact of Youth programmes
3. Marketing & Social Media
- Work closely with Communications on creative development for all programmes to engage constituents and drive them to action across multiple channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Email, Youtube)
- Maintain and manage the No Apologies social media platforms working closely with the Communications team
4. Other Duties
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Malaysian youth news, trends and culture via various channels, i.e. news, social media, engaging with other youth experts, attending youth events, etc.
- Assist the Youth Manager as required to develop programmes, initiatives and support material aligned to the organisation’s strategic goals based on constituents’ needs, and organisation’s philosophy, values and culture (orthodoxy)
- Deliver Youth speaking engagements, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to engage an audience, especially teenagers
- Comfortable speaking on relationships and sexuality
- High proficiency in English and Chinese, both verbal and written
- Verbal and written fluency in Bahasa Malaysia is highly desirable
- Willing to travel
- Willing to work on weekends
- Familiarity with Gen Z & Gen Alpha trends and social media platforms would be an advantage
Do you have the passion and talent to engage youth and meet the ever-growing needs of families nationwide? If yes, join the family!
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com