WHO WE ARE
established in 1997 dedicated to helping families thrive.
To nurture, support, and protect traditional values and the institution of the family
We are committed to help families nationwide navigate an ever-changing world and prosper for a lifetime.
They describe the unique elements of our brand’s identity and values, and give meaning and clarity to our Brand Promise:
We are dedicated to being a Trusted, Compassionate Guide – ever ready to offer support and provide time-tested solutions to address today’s real challenges.
We express a personality of an Unwavering Heart – by extending genuine compassion to others while remaining true to our principles and beliefs.
We seek to build Personally Relevant Connections – which are engaging and meaningful, valued relationships founded on common ground.
We aspire to serve as an Inspiring Family Advocate – who champions for families and safeguards time-honoured family values.
All in all, Helping Families Thrive represents our promise. We are committed to helping families and communities nationwide navigate an ever-changing world and prosper for a lifetime.
Lee Wee Min is a Civil Engineer by profession. Out of concern for the deterioration of the family unit, he started the affiliate office of Focus on the Family in Malaysia and served as the Executive Director. In June 2017, he transited his role as Executive Director and now, serves as the honorary Chairman of the Board of FOFM. Wee Min is married to Swee Choo and has three lovely children.
In mid-1998, Benny was a volunteer at FOFM and then joined the Focus family officially in July 1998. Benny graduated in 1996 with a Bachelor of Business (Hons.). In July 2017, Benny was appointed as Executive Director. He is married to Lareina and they have a wonderful son.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
FOFM is overseen by a board of knowledgeable and experienced directors. Our board governs major decisions, provides overall direction and offers guidance for ensuring the organisation’s efficacy, accountability and long-term sustainability in its mission to serve families.
Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Malaysia,
Mongolia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, USA.
MILESTONES - THROUGH THE YEARS
Focus on the Family Malaysia established and registered as a non-for-proﬁt organisation
- Board of Directors established
- Introduced Family Resource Library
- 90-second Commentaries on Radio 4 [Currently known as TraxxFM]
- Family Fun Time Builds Memories photo competition
- First national television appearance on TV2 in partnership with KFC
- Focus on the Family Malaysia website
- Involved in 1st International Family Conference in Malaysia
- SmartStart premarriage course
- Participated in Doha International Conference for The Family
- National Population and Family Development Board endorsed No Apologies®
- Co-organised Asia Paciﬁc Family Dialogue with National Population and Family Development Board
- Wee Min spoke at United Nations (UN) in New York on “The Importance of Preserving Marriage And Family As Essential Foundations of Nations”
- Family Motor Hunt event
- Family On Sofa photo competition
- Introduced Couple Checkup™ online relationship assessment tool
- Igniting The Fire In Family Ministry seminar
- 100,000 lives touched through parenting programmes
- The Great Marriage Experience programme
- I Do! Married for Love. Married for Life. campaign including Climb For Marriage
- The Family Project curriculum
- Family-life articles in Parenthood and Mami & Baby magazines
- First Family With A Mission camp
- First couple Date Night bonding programme in Mandarin
- 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Focus on the Family Malaysia appointed Benny Kong as Executive Director