RM 25 Date Challenge - Terms & Conditions
Join the Contest:
- Focus on the Family (M) Sdn Bhd (“the Organiser”) will launch a contest known as RM 25 Date Challenge (“Contest”) on 20th June 2022. Your access and participation in this Contest is conditional on your agreement to and acceptance of the following terms and conditions applying to your use (“Terms and Conditions”) without limitation or reservation. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering this Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, revise, amend, add to, subtract from or cancel the Contest or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility and Qualifying Criteria
- This Contest is open to all individuals who are married and are residents of Malaysia (“Eligible Contestants”). All Eligible Contestants may be required to prove their eligibility by providing to the Organiser such satisfactory documentary proof as may be requested, failing which the Organiser shall be entitled to disqualify their participation.
- The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
- Employees of the Organiser and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, children, parents and siblings); and/or
- Representatives and/or agents (including prize sponsors) of the Organiser involved in the Contest and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, children, parents and siblings).
- By entering the Contest, you hereby represent and warrant to the Organiser that:
- All information submitted to the Organiser is true, current, correct, accurate, and complete;
- You have met all the eligibility criteria and have the capacity, right, authority, and power to enter into the Contest in accordance to the Terms and Conditions and are able to provide such proof of eligibility as the Organiser may require; and
- You have consented to the use of your personal details for the purpose of administering the competition.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not meet the Terms and Conditions of the Contest, including the use of:
- Fake or personal information belonging to another;
- Invalid, incorrect or incomplete information; or
- Inappropriate content.
- The duration of the Contest shall be from 20th June 2022 to 20th July 2022 (“Contest Period”), both dates inclusive. However, notwithstanding the aforesaid timeframe for the Contest Period, the Organiser reserves the right to extend the Contest Period at their sole and absolute discretion.
- To participate in the Contest, Eligible Contestants shall visit Focus on the Family Malaysia’s Facebook page.
- Eligible Contestants are required to LIKE the Focus on the Family Malaysia Facebook page, SHARE the contest post, and COMMENT under the contest post, a picture of both spouses on a date and a caption by completing the slogan “Our #RM25DateChallenge was priceless because…“ (less than 50 words) during the Contest Period.
- Each Winner is eligible for one (1) prize only. However, Eligible Contestants may send in as many entries as they wish.
- This Contest shall be judged based on the submission of one images and a caption.
- The requirements of the image(s) shall be as follows:
- One picture of a participant and spouse on a RM 25 or less date.
- The picture must not contain elements that are threatening, obscene, pornographic, or destructive of public order.
6.The requirements of the caption shall be as follows:
- In 50 words or less, write a caption with the slogan “Our #RM25DateChallenge was priceless because…” (less than 50 words);
- Must be relevant to the theme;
- Must be submitted in English;
- Must be creative and original;
- Must have a positive message; and
- Should not be in use by any other party or infringe an active trademark/service mark.
7.All entries must be submitted by 23:59 hours (GMT +0800) on the last day of the contest. No late submissions will be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right to extend this date should the Contest Period be extended pursuant to “Contest Period” above.
8.By submitting the entries, each Eligible Contestant thereby:
- Specifically authorises the Organiser and/or any licensed third parties authorised by the Organiser to use such entry in whole or in part, throughout the universe, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, and alone or together or as part of otherwise unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any matter other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature;
- Represents and warrants that all elements contained in the contest entry:
- are original to the Eligible Contestant or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein;
- do not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the Eligible Contestant may be a party to;
- do not contain any libellous or tortuous content, or the publication, sale or dissemination of which will violate any federal or state legislation or regulation;
- are not obscene or in any other manner unlawful; and
- shall not require the Organiser to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of the Organiser’s use or exploitation of the same.
9.Eligible Contestants must abide by the Internet application process and respect Internet protocols which, inter alia:
- Strictly prohibit any attempt or act to interfere, invade, or destroy any system or resource on the Internet;
- Strictly prohibit the act to transmit materials that are threatening, obscene, pornographic, or destructive of public order;
- Strictly prohibit the act of spreading computer virus through the network of the website; and
- Strictly prohibit any attempt to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and/or extraction tools. In the event that you use any software or tools above, you will be disqualified to participate in the Contest.
10. Eligible Contestants must behave in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, and must not be in violation of any applicable laws and regulations. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of Eligible Contestants’ qualification at any time during or after the Contest Period, and reserves the right to disqualify Eligible Contestants (including Prize Winners) from the Contest.
11.Representatives of the Organiser will select the best slogan among all eligible entries as the Winner. The Organiser’s decision shall be final and absolute and binding on the Eligible Contestants. No correspondence, discussion, enquiry, appeal or challenge in respect of any decision of the Organiser will be entertained.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Contest, the Organiser at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subjected to the Terms and Conditions.
13. The Winners will be notified through Focus on the Family Malaysia’s Facebook page within two (2) weeks after the closing date of this Contest and are required to acknowledge receipt of the message within one (1) week from the date of notification. The Organiser may require proof of receipt of RM 25 or less spent for the challenge. The Organiser reserves the right to deal with all unclaimed prizes in any manner it deems fit and the Organiser, its agents, sponsors and representatives shall have no liability to the Winners for any unclaimed prizes in any respect whatsoever.
14. Winners may be required to participate in public relation events tied to the Contest to generate press coverage of the Contest and the range of the Organiser’s activities, services and product offerings. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
- There will be six (6) Winners and the Winners will be announced on Focus on the Family Malaysia’s official Facebook page.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash and may be subject to availability. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice. The value of the prizes may vary and The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any subsequent variation in the prize value.
- After Organisers receive an acknowledgement of receipt of any winning notification sent out, the Winners concerned will be asked to provide their personal and bank account details to facilitate, where applicable, the payment of cash prizes, if any. Details must be received within one (1) week from the date of notification, after which no prize claims will be entertained.
- Winners must produce a copy of the prize notification upon prize collection.
- All prizes must be claimed before 1800 hours (GMT +0800) on 10th of August 2022, after which no claims will be entertained.
- Where applicable, prizes not collected by 1800 hours (GMT +0800) on 17th of August 2022 shall be disposed at the Organiser’s sole discretion.The Organiser’s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including anything not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all entrants and/or Eligible Contestants in the Contest, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding the Organiser’s decision on the same. The receipt by any Winner of any prize under the Contest is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- The original colour and specifications of the prizes might not be exactly similar to the illustration shown in the contest flyers, posters or on social media platforms.
- By entering the Contest, Eligible Contestants agree to the use of: –
- Their name and/or likeness, without compensation, for the Organiser’s promotional and marketing purposes;
- Their information submitted on Facebook, without compensation, for the Organiser’s promotional and marketing purposes;
- Their slogans to the pictures, without compensation, for the Organiser’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- Their bank account details or mailing address by the Organiser for the payment of cash prizes, where applicable.
- The Eligible Contestants acknowledge that their participation in the Contest shall be solely at their own risk.
- The Organiser, its related companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents shall not be liable to any entrant and/or Eligible Contestant for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered by any such person(s) entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any safe custody, return, non-delivery, or missing of entries, late or misdirected communications, or for any incorrect or inaccurate information attributable to other internet users, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet telephone lines or at any website, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Contest, including uploading or downloading any materials for the Contest.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- By entering the Contest or accepting the prizes, you agree to release and discharge the Organiser, its agencies, sponsors and representatives from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- The Organiser reserves their right to cancel, terminate, suspend or extend the Contest without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension, the Organiser shall not entitle Eligible Contestants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- The Organiser, its related companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, sponsors and representatives shall not be liable to perform any of their obligations in respect of the Contest and these Terms and Conditions, rules and regulations in respect of the Contest where they are unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond their control and shall not be liable to compensate the Contestants in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
- The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any terms hereunder shall not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contest shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and all entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian Courts.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.